Thursday, September 10, 2009

Realizations on Pacquiao's Victory Over Hatton

I am a huge fan of Manny Pacquiao. I have made it a point to watch every single match since the day he got big. I have been looking forward to the match between Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao and Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton for months. To my delight, I found myself at the heart of all the action ---Las Vegas. I went there, proudly sporting a "P hairdo" at the back of my head, and my Philippine flag. It was such a beautiful sight ---people proudly waving their Philippine flag, enthusiastically chanting "Manny!, Manny!, Manny!", and fist bumping, hugging, high-fiving each other and showing sportsmanship by shaking hands with everyone.

This Vegas trip will always be memorable as I went with my college buddies. I had a great time over there with the usual Vegas bruhaha but what made it extra special was Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao's big 2nd round knockout over Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton. Manny has made history again by winning his 6th world title in as many divisions. He truly solidified his reign as the best pound for pound fighter in the world today and THERE'S NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

This experience led me to a few realizations:

Realizations

1.Talking too much isn't good at all

What was Floyd Sr. (Hatton's trainer) thinking? In anything, don't just talk the talk, walk the walk too. Throwing insults by trash- talking at somebody does not do any good. Karma always has its way to bite you in the a**.

2.Extra hard work pays off

Pacquiao didn't talk much and worked extra hard in the gym. You know what, I am truly inspired by that. We hear it all the time, hard work pays off. But do we actually practice it?

3.There is always room for improvement
Pacquiao is the best fighter in the world, hands down. But what makes him extra special is the fact that he is always a willing student learning new things. Against Hatton, he learned how to work on his right hook. Lethal as ever, that was the punch that dropped him on the first round. A left hook finished him off for good in the second. Have you ever thought of things you can possibly improve on today?

4.One man has the ability to move millions

Whenever Pacquiao goes into the ring, he takes into consideration that many Filipinos are counting on him to win--- praying for him. Going into the fight, I was sure that Manny won't let us down! The strength of the Filipino people is manifested in Pacquiao's every punch. How strong could that be? WE BEAT Ricky Hatton in that ring last Saturday! It's all about making a difference to people around you. Do you realize that your actions affect others?

5.Pray

Manny Pacquiao is also human-- needing some guidance and protection. He acknowledges his limitations and weaknesses no matter how successful he is in the ring. You got to have faith, nuff said.

I spent one of the best weekends of my life last weekend. More than that, I went back to Michigan with a great sense of pride and fulfillment. Pacquiao made me realize that I can do anything that I put my mind and heart into, just like him. As long as I apply my above realizations to my career, personal relationships and other endeavors, I know I am no the right track.

Do you want more information and tips? Request your copy of the exclusive Train Like a Boxer Strategy Report (a $299 value, yours for FREE): How to Achieve a Leaner and Stronger Body with Limited Time, Space and Equipment at lawrence@trainlikeaboxer.com TODAY!



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lawrence_Ragos

No comments: