Saturday, September 27, 2008

UK-Belarus Thai Boxing Love Story

Sasha and Din is unusual couple. She is the UK champion on the Thai boxing, Sasha is the champion of Eurasia on the same kind of sport. They met in the UK and were friends firstly. In some years Din has arrived to Belarus as the bride. It was necessary for Sasha to accept an Islam for a marriage. But it has not stopped him.

She is the swarthy, nice girl with beautiful, deep eyes. A newly-married couple speak in English. Occasionally Din speaks in Russian such words, as druzhba (friendship) or lubimy (dear). Sasha call her honey. They told their story as a beautiful fairy tale.

Three years ago Sasha and several more guys from Belarus participated in fights in England. There they met with Din. After competitions Sasha has stayed in UK for a while for training.

By the moment of their meeting Din worked as the nurse in hospital and was the employee of private security agency. Her career went up.

In Veimos where they lived, it was difficult to find the best security guard. Din served actions with participation of stars, often she was on entrance of the best in London disco Pasha. A typical picture: Din does not let in the big drunk man. He begins to abuse her with dirty words. And then he start to fight. In some seconds the guy already rolls under a ladder. It is surprising, but men were afraid of fists of Din. But outside of work she is very kind and sentimental girl. She can have a little cry over a trifle. The constant care and support is necessary for her too.

In 2004 Din has arrived to Belarus for some months to train Thai boxing in Minsk club Chinook. Belarus capital is considered along with Amsterdam as the capital of the European kickboxing and the Thai boxing. This trip has considerably influenced a life of Din.

- I have fallen in love with Belarus. I was surprised with this white snow, cleanliness of city streets, I never saw fights on the streets, - said Din.

- Gentlemen in Belarus are gentlemen, but not lady as it often happens in UK. I saw fights with participation of your children. Even children have character, spirit of the soldier. When such guy grows, he never will offend other person. I like, that people in Belarus treat each other with respect.

However, people here are gloomy, thoughtful. I have found many friends. For some reason my feelings to Sasha have woken up in Belarus. In London we were simply friends. We went to the Minsk cinemas, I did not understand language, the seats were terribly inconvenient, but the company was excellent. We started to meet. But the visa came to an end. I leaved Belarus with tears because I fall in love with Sasha and can not imagine, as I can live without him.

- All time of our separations was very difficult, I madly missed, - continues Din. - We called every day, sent SMS. – My friends asked me: why you have chosen the groom from Belarus? Could you really not find the guy more close? I answered: nobody knows, where on Earth is your love. My love was for thousand kilometers, in Belarus.

At last, the dream of Sasha and Din came true. In July of this year Din and Sasha became the husband and the wife.

Their wedding was traditional in Belarus. The cheerful toast-master, tables full with meal, impudent competitions. Such fun was amazing to Din. The bride has written beautiful letters for memory to all visitors and has presented souvenir rings. A newly-married couple have gone to Crimea on a honeymoon.

- There was excellent time, - with admiration has continued Din. - We sunbathed on a beach, walked, went for a drive on horses. I would like, that this time never came to an end.

Now Din prepares for the next departure to the United Kingdom, the visa comes to an end. Besides in Belarus it is difficult to earn money. Club mates tell, that Sasha and Din only argue on sports and never stand in pairs on trainings. It is taboo.

- Can the spouse really strike the wife and she flog the husband? - Sasha is surprised. - We are even engaged in different clubs in Belarus.

Now couple live on rented apartment. While there is time before departure of Din, they enjoy home life.

- And who is in your family the main cook?

- I now work at factory, therefore Din cook more often, - said Sasha. And when there is time, we make it together. Din opens the English culinary book and we cook exotic dishes. But I brought coffee in bed in the mornings more often.

- Do you really wish to stay for ever in Belarus?

- The country which has brought happiness to me, I do not wish to leave precisely, - argues Din. - I wait, when Sasha can move to me. But we shall periodically come to Belarus. The main thing I wish that they gave the visa without problems.

No comments: